Reagan National Airport Traveler Update on Coronavirus
Project Journey construction activity affecting passengers at Reagan National
Most customers who fly at Reagan National will be minimally impacted by Project Journey construction activities. Airlines and flights will continue operating throughout the project, with the usual services and amenities. Changes will be implemented in phases and announced here.
Passengers are invited to become more familiar with the project, its major milestones and key benefits. Be among the first to know about upcoming changes by subscribing to Project Journey advisories and updates.
View travel tips for navigating the airport during construction.
Terminal B/C Interior
- A pair of elevators connecting Ticketing (Level 3), Concourse/Gates (Level 2) and Baggage Claim (Level 1) in Terminal B is closed for construction.
- Two remaining sets of elevators are available. Additionally, escalators are available.
Temporary Reduction of Exit Doors from Bag Claim (Lower) Level
- Construction has closed exit doors at the ends of the Terminal B/C Arrivals level.
- Doors numbered 1 through 3, and 10 through 12, are closed.
- To exit the terminal for taxi pick-up, passengers should follow signs to Doors 4 through 9. All other pick-ups are located upstairs on the Ticketing level.
Pedestrians to Navigate Through Temporary Protected Walkways
- Pedestrians are using a protected corridor between Terminal B/C and the Metro station.
- Expect periodic overnight closures of one of the two walkways.
Curbside Door to Ticketing Level Closed for Construction
- Access to Ticketing/Check-In through Door #5 is blocked.
- Customers can enter and exit the Ticketing lobby using any of the five remaining doors.
Terminal B/C Arrivals Roadway Closed to Most Vehicles (Except Taxis)
- As of Monday, April 6, the outer lanes of the Terminal B/C Arrivals (lower-level) roadway used for private vehicle and ride app pickup are closed 24/7 for construction. Those vehicles will follow signs to the Ticketing (upper-level) roadway.
- All passengers arriving at Gates 10-45 and being picked up by a private vehicle or Lyft/Uber/Via must be picked up outside Ticketing/Check-In (Level 3).
- The taxi pickup location remains unchanged, outside Baggage Claim (Level 1).
Cell Phone Lot Closure
- The Cell Phone Lot is closed during terminal roadway construction.
- Customers are invited to use Terminal Garages A, B or C, where parking is FREE for up to 60 minutes.
All Shuttles and Most Other Vehicles Relocated to Ticketing Level – Terminal B/C
- Roadway and curb capacity is reduced outside the Arrivals/Baggage Claim level of Terminal B/C.
- All vehicle and shuttle bus operations, except Taxis, have moved to the Ticketing (upper) level.
- Use elevators or escalators from Baggage Claim to reach the Ticketing level.
- See below a map of ground transporation locations:
Sidewalk Closed from Terminal B/C to Mount Vernon Trail
- The sidewalk leaving the airport to the north from Terminal B/C is closed during new concourse construction.
- Pedestrians cannot walk outside north of Door #9 from Terminal C, due to fencing at the new security checkpoints construction site.
- An alternate path connecting to the trail and Crystal City begins on the ground level of Terminal Garage C.
When Project Journey is completed, two new 50,000-square-foot security checkpoint buildings will replace three smaller checkpoints currently serving Terminal B/C – increasing the post-security space to include all of National Hall and its premier shops and restaurants for ticketed travelers. In addition, a new 14-gate concourse will replace Gate 35X – ending the need for travelers to ride buses to board regional jets parked outside. Concourse amenities will include jetbridges, holdrooms, concessions and an American Airlines Admirals Club lounge.