The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority is fully committed to providing universal access to all public facilities and services at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport for all of its patrons.
The elevators are equipped with raised Braille buttons and are accessible to individuals who use wheelchairs. At some elevators, an electronic voice announces arrival at each floor.
- Airport shuttle buses are equipped with wheelchair lifts and audible announcements.
- Taxis: The airport has an open taxi system served by numerous taxi operators. Several taxis are equipped to accommodate wheelchairs in storage. Patrons who need taxis with wheelchair lifts are encouraged to contact a taxi operator directly in advance of going to the curb. This will save time versus waiting at the curb for an accessible vehicle to be called by the dispatcher. Contact taxi dispatch at 703-417-4333.
- Airport Metrorail Station: WMATA maintains a webpage about the Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport station including alerts about elevator disruptions.
Pet Relief Areas
Reagan National Airport has designated Pet Relief Areas for service animals that accompany passengers. These are located outside the terminal.
Reagan National Airport's parking facilities are accessible for persons with special needs. Specially designated parking spaces are available for all vehicles which display a government-issued plate or placard for disabled individuals.
Restrooms are fully accessible with toilet stalls for individuals with disabilities. Most toilet stalls have infrared flush devices. All sinks in each restroom are placed at an accessible height, and infrared devices are used to activate the water at most locations. Baby changing stations have been placed at an accessible height in both men's and women's restrooms at most locations.
Unisex companion care restrooms are provided at these locations:
- Terminal A, pre-security - Next to Men's and Women's restrooms in the airline ticketing lobby and adjacent to the Historic lobby
- Terminal B/C, pre-security - Next to each set of Men's and Women's restrooms on the Concourse level (Level 2) and adjacent to Bag Claim #1 and #12 (Level 1)
- All terminals, post-security - One per pier near Gates 1-9, 10-22, 23-34 and 35-45
In Terminals B and C, TTY units are located throughout the Airport and are clearly marked with blue and white signs above each unit. In addition, each group of pay phones has a clear path to a wheelchair accessible unit. All pay telephones are equipped with volume control, are hearing-aid compatible, and have Braille or raised numbers.
All security checkpoints are accessible. The Transportation Security Administration (TSA), which conducts passenger screening at the checkpoints, has a program to assist travelers with disabilities and medical conditions.
You may arrange for a wheelchairs at any terminal through your airline or with any Skycap at the Airport. Please notify your airline in advance of your visit so that they can better serve your needs.
Americans with Disabilities Act/Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act Complaint Procedure
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), a public entity is required to inform the public of the protections against discrimination afforded to them, including information about how Title II requirements apply to its particular programs, services, activities and benefits (28 CFR §35.106). Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability in any program, service or activity that receives Federal funds. Information about MWAA’s complaint procedure regarding disability discrimination against patrons can be found at this link.