Noise Event Data:
- ANEEM - Aircraft Noise Event Extraction Methodology:
- As of 2015, the Airports Authority was the first U.S. airport system to upgrade its noise monitoring software using a new noise event classification methodology to account for quieter aircraft and higher background noise levels.
- The "total noise" experienced at a noise monitor is unaffected; ANEEM only improves the accuracy of the noise source classification process.
- Data is posted approximately 30 days after the end of each month.
- 2015 - Present: Summary and Detailed Noise Event Reports
Annual Aircraft Noise Reports for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport and Washington Dulles International Airport:
Post- Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (Jul 1987 to Present)
FAR Part 150 Noise Exposure Maps and Noise Compatibility Program:
- 1989 Washington National Airport Noise Compatibility Study:
- 2004 Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport FAR Part 150 Noise Exposure Maps and Noise Compatibility Program
- Sep 2004: Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport_Part 150 Advisory Committee's Final Recommendations to MWAA (Sep 2004)
- Nov 2004: Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport_Part 150 Noise Exposure Maps and Noise Compatibility Program (Nov 2004)
- Jan 2008: Federal Aviation Administration_Record of Approval_14CFR Part 150 Noise Compatibility Program_Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (Jan 2008)
United States General Accounting Office (GAO) Reports for Reagan National Airport:
- Apr 1988: GAO Report to Senator Paul Sarbanes_FAA's Enforcement of Noise Rules at National Airport
- Sep 1999: GAO Report to Secretary of Transportation_Capacity to Handle Additional Flights and Impact on Other Area Airports (Sep 1999)
- Jun 2000: GAO Report to Representative James Moran_Limited Opportunities to Improve Airline's Compliance with Noise Abatement Procedures (Jun 2000)
Pre- Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (Prior to Jun 1987)
1980 Environmental Impact Statement:
Scatter Plan Test for Turbojet Departures:
- Pre-Test May 1983: Environmental Assessment for "A Test of Amended Turbojet Departure Paths at Washington National Airport" (May 1983)
- Pre-Test Aug 1983: Summary of Public Comments, with Responses, for Environmental Assessment for "A Test of Amended Turbojet Departure Paths at Washington National Airport" (Aug 1983)
- Post-Test Oct 1984: Report on the Test of Dispersal of Turbojet Aircraft Departure Tracks at Washington National Airport 1983-84, Vol I: Summary Report (Oct 1984)