The Washington, DC Metrorail system has an elevated Metrorail station connected to the concourse level of Terminal 2 Reagan National Airport. The Metrorail system provides easy and affordable access to locations throughout Washington, Virginia and Maryland.
Passenger Advisory: Beginning Monday, December 11, 2023, Metro will close two of the four escalators at the station's south airport entrance for an escalator replacement project. Passengers will continue to have access to trains in both directions from a single platform via the other two escalators, as well as from the elevator to the center of the platform. Customers will be minimally impacted and will continue to have easy access to the airport, Metrorail, the Metro station and parking. Read more details here.
Getting to the Metrorail station from the Terminals:
- Terminal 2: Use either of two enclosed pedestrian bridges on the concourse level which connect directly to the station.
- Terminal 1: Exit the terminal to the streetside curb, and board any “Airport Shuttle” bus. At the stops for Terminal 2 or North/South Parking 1 & 2, you can access an enclosed bridge which connects to the Metrorail station.
Getting to the Terminals from the Metrorail station:
- Terminal 2: Go to the north end of the train platform and exit the station. A pedestrian bridge connects directly to the Terminal’s Concourse level.
- Terminal 2: Go to the south end of the train platform and exit the station. A pedestrian bridge connects directly to the Terminal’s Concourse level.
- Terminal 1: Go to either end of the train platform and exit the station towards the parking garage. Take the elevator or stairway to the street level below and board any "Airport Shuttle" bus.
- Elevator access: The elevator is located at the center of the train platform. There is a sloped sidewalk at ground level which connects to both pedestrian bridges (follow signs).
Metrorail Fares and Farecards
- Metrorail farecards may be purchased at machines located at all entrances to the Airport Metrorail station. The station is also fully accessible via elevators.
- Farecards purchased prior to 2012 will not work in the Metro system after February 28, 2022. Read more info here.
- The maximum fare to any station on the Metrorail system is $6 or less when using a SmarTrip card which is available for purchase inside the Metro station.
Hours of Operation
Refer to Metro's website for the Reagan National station.
For more Metrorail information, call (202) 637-7000; TTY (202) 638-3780. Or, visit the Transit Authority’s website.