The Washington, DC Metrorail system has an elevated Metrorail station connected to the concourse level of Terminal 2 Reagan National Airport. The Metrorail system provides easy and affordable access to locations throughout Washington, Virginia and Maryland.
Getting to the Metrorail station from the Terminals:
- Terminal 2: Use either of two enclosed pedestrian bridges on the concourse level which connect directly to the station.
- Terminal 1: Exit the terminal to the streetside curb, and board any “Airport Shuttle” bus. At the stops for Terminal 2 or North/South Parking 1 & 2, you can access an enclosed bridge which connects to the Metrorail station.
Getting to the Terminals from the Metrorail station:
- Terminal 2: Go to the north end of the train platform and exit the station. A pedestrian bridge connects directly to the Terminal’s Concourse level.
- Terminal 2: Go to the south end of the train platform and exit the station. A pedestrian bridge connects directly to the Terminal’s Concourse level.
- Terminal 1: Go to either end of the train platform and exit the station towards the parking garage. Take the elevator or stairway to the street level below and board any "Airport Shuttle" bus.
- Elevator access: The elevator is located at the center of the train platform. There is a sloped sidewalk at ground level which connects to both pedestrian bridges (follow signs).
Metrorail Fares and Farecards
- Metrorail farecards may be purchased at machines located at all entrances to the Airport Metrorail station. The station is also fully accessible via elevators.
- Farecards purchased prior to 2012 will not work in the Metro system after February 28, 2022. Read more info here.
- The maximum fare to any station on the Metrorail system is $6 or less when using a SmarTrip card which is available for purchase inside the Metro station.
Hours of Operation
Refer to Metro's website for the Reagan National station.
For more Metrorail information, call (202) 637-7000; TTY (202) 638-3780. Or, visit the Transit Authority’s website.