Reagan National Airport Traveler Update on Coronavirus
Health & Safety as We Take Flight
Quick Links: COVID-19 Testing I How the Airport Is Helping to Keep You Safe | Airline-Specific Information | TSA Information | Parking & Ground Transportation | Shopping & Dining | Additional Resources & Information
Reagan National Airport is taking new health and safety measures to help you take flight with confidence.
The safety and well-being of our customers and employees at Reagan National Airport is our top priority. We continue to monitor the ongoing coronavirus pandemic and remain in close coordination with our federal, state, and local partners.
We are following all CDC-recommended protocols for cleaning the airport and have provided our employees with the CDC’s recommendations on healthy habits. For the latest on COVID-19 from the CDC, visit coronavirus.gov.
Reagan National Airport currently does not offer on-site COVID-19 testing. The Virginia Department of Health maintains a list of COVID-19 testing sites in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Additional testing locations may also be available, which are not included in the link below.
To find COVID-19 testing facilities convenient to the airport:
2. Type "Arlington" into the box for "Your Location." A list of facilities and their contact information is displayed.
Passengers who need to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test for travel should not come to the airport prior to obtaining their test and a negative test result. Those awaiting test results should contact their airline to delay travel, if necessary. For more information on COVID-19 testing in the Commonwealth of Virginia, visit the Virginia Department of Health's COVID-19 testing information website.
- We have increased sanitization in high-touch areas at the airport, including handrails, escalators, elevator buttons, restrooms, people movers, mobile lounges, baggage claim, etc.
- All airport employees are required to wear face coverings.
- Face coverings are required for everyone at the airport, including passengers, per Gov. Ralph Northam’s May 29 mandate. Children under age 5 and people with medical conditions which prevent the wearing of face coverings are exempt.
- Visit the Face Coverings information page for more details.
- Floor decals are installed to encourage social distancing.
- Plexiglas barriers are installed in areas where airline and TSA staff interact with customers.
- Economy parking rates are in place at parking garages within walking distance of the terminal, eliminating shuttle buses for social distancing purposes.
|Lot Name||Lot Status|
|Terminal A Garage*||OPEN|
|Terminal B/C Garage*||OPEN|
Effective September 1, the parking rate in Terminal Garages will be $20 per day. Hourly rates remain unchanged.
Reserve your parking space in advance and receive a $3 per-day discount.
For more information please visit Parking & Ground Transportation.
Adjusted Concessions Shopping and Dining Hours of Operation Terminal concessions are operating consistent with state guidelines; however, some concessions are temporarily closed or are operating under modified hours. Food and beverage offerings, as well as newsstands, are open in each concourse.
Please visit our Adjusted Concessions Shopping and Dining Hours of Operation page to learn more and get the latest updates for shopping and dining at Dulles International Airport.
The Transportation Security Administration has created a webpage with resources and information for travelers. The page explains what to expect at TSA security checkpoints and describes added precautions being taken to keep passengers healthy and safe.
Visit the FAQ section for answers to common questions.
- Wash your hands frequently, at least for 20 seconds.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick and stay home when sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- If you are travelling overseas, follow the CDC's guidance.
- Check-in with your airline if you have questions about your travel itinerary.
Additional web resources: