Reagan National Airport Traveler Update on Coronavirus
Health & Safety as We Take Flight
Quick Links: COVID-19 Testing I How the Airport Is Helping to Keep You Safe | Airline-Specific Information | TSA Information | Parking & Ground Transportation | Shopping & Dining | Additional Resources & Information
Reagan National Airport is taking new health and safety measures to help you take flight with confidence.
The safety and well-being of our customers and employees at Reagan National Airport is our top priority. We continue to monitor the ongoing coronavirus pandemic and remain in close coordination with our federal, state, and local partners.
We are following all CDC-recommended protocols for cleaning the airport and have provided our employees with the CDC’s recommendations on healthy habits. For the latest on COVID-19 from the CDC, visit coronavirus.gov.
Reagan National Airport currently offers on-site COVID-19 testing through XpresCheck. The pre-security testing facility, which is located near the Terminal B security checkpoint in National Hall, is open daily from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Testing options include a rapid test, with results available in as soon as 30 minutes, and a PCR test, with results available in one to three days.
For additional information, pricing or to make an appointment, visit XpresCheck.com and select "Virginia - DCA."
- As of February 2, 2021, masks are required for everyone at the airport, including passengers, per federal law. Children under age 2 and people with medical conditions which prevent the wearing of face coverings are exempt. Masks must cover the nose and mouth.
- Federal law requires wearing a mask at all times in and on airport property. Failure to comply may result in removal from the airport and denial of re-entry. Refusing to wear a mask in or on the airport is a violation of federal law, individuals may be subject to penalties under federal law.
- For more information, visit the Center for Disease Control's information page or the Transportation Security Administration's (TSA) information page.
- We have increased sanitization in high-touch areas at the airport, including handrails, escalators, elevator buttons, restrooms, people movers, mobile lounges, baggage claim, etc.
- Floor decals are installed to encourage social distancing.
- Plexiglas barriers are installed in areas where airline and TSA staff interact with customers.
- Economy parking rates are in place at parking garages within walking distance of the terminal, eliminating shuttle buses for social distancing purposes.
|Lot Name||Lot Status|
|Terminal A Garage*||OPEN|
|Terminal B/C Garage*||OPEN|
Effective May 24, 2021, the current parking rate in Terminal Garages is $22 per day. For the best deals reserve your parking space in advance!
Please note that reservations must be made at least 12 HOURS in advance of arrival time.
Adjusted Concessions Shopping and Dining Hours of Operation Terminal concessions are operating consistent with state guidelines; however, some concessions are temporarily closed or are operating under modified hours. Food and beverage offerings, as well as newsstands, are open in each concourse.
Please visit our Adjusted Concessions Shopping and Dining Hours of Operation page to learn more and get the latest updates for shopping and dining at Dulles International Airport.
The Transportation Security Administration has created a webpage with resources and information for travelers. The page explains what to expect at TSA security checkpoints and describes added precautions being taken to keep passengers healthy and safe.
Visit the FAQ section for answers to common questions.
- Wash your hands frequently, at least for 20 seconds.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick and stay home when sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- If you are travelling overseas, follow the CDC's guidance.
- Check-in with your airline if you have questions about your travel itinerary.
Additional web resources: