The 2018 National Cherry Blossom Festival is coming to the nation's capital, March 20 – April 15. The event commemorates the 106th anniversary of the gift of the cherry blossom trees and the enduring friendship between the United States and Japan. Explore the official events schedule and our celebration in the airport.
Park for $10/day
Park at the airport for only $10 a day during Festival weekends for up to eight hours. Use the promo code: Cherry2018. Reserve your space today.
Take a Cherry Blossom Photo Before Your Flight
- 10:00am-6:00pm: Receive a complimentary photo from our Cherry Blossom themed interactive photo booth pre-security near Terminal B/C checkpoint.
- 11:00am-5:00pm: Cherry Blossom inspired stilt walkers will greet you with pink leis as they stroll around various locations in the airport.
Shop, Dine and Pick Up Your Free Gift with Purchase
March 23-April 16
Stores and restaurants throughout the airport will celebrate the festival with cherry blossom themed souvenirs, apparel, food, and drink promotions.
- When you purchase over $100 (pre-tax) at two or more retail or food locations, you will receive a FREE National Cherry Blossom Festival Commemorative Umbrella.* (retail value $20)
- You can redeem their receipts for the gift at the following locations:
- Capital Image – Pre-Security near Terminal B Checkpoint
- Pen & Prose – Pre-Security near Terminal B/C Checkpoint
- Brighton – Pre-Security near Terminal C Checkpoint
- Uniquely D.C. – Pre-Security near Terminal C Checkpoint
*While supplies last. Limit one gift per customer. Receipts must be from 2 separate stores or restaurants. Same day purchases only.