The Washington, DC Metrorail system has an elevated Metrorail station connected to the concourse level of Terminals B and C at Reagan National Airport. The Metrorail system provides easy and affordable access to locations throughout Washington, Virginia and Maryland.
WMATA’s SafeTrack Plan is an effort to address safety recommendations and rehabilitate Metrorail system on accelerated basis by performing maintenance through full closures of stations and single tracking.
The Metro station at Reagan National will be affected by line closures for two weeks as part of the program—beginning July 5 and continuing until July 18—impacting passengers’ and employees’ travel to and from the airport.
Rail line segments near Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport will be closed from Monday, July 5 to Monday, July 11 to allow for WMATA to perform maintenance. Beginning July 5 work will be performed on the Yellow and Blue metro lines between the Reagan National Airport and Braddock Road stations. Metrorail service will still be provided to the airport. Metro will provide shuttle bus service between the closed rail line segments while track work is performed. Additionally, there will be increased ground transportation options, including taxis and shuttle buses during this metro closure. Passengers traveling to Reagan National should find alternative transportation options and consider parking reservations at the airport. Non-airport traffic should avoid the airport during this track work.
Travelers should expect heavier than normal roadway traffic and delays at Reagan National Airport.
See map below.
See Metro’s SafeTrack schedule for more information.
The scheduled maintenance near the Reagan National Airport Metro Station is part of WMATA’s larger SafeTrack program, which is a yearlong accelerated safety maintenance and rehabilitation plan.
Getting to the Metrorail station from the Terminals:
- Terminal B and C: Use either of two enclosed pedestrian bridges on the concourse level which connect directly to the station.
- Terminal A: Exit the terminal to the streetside curb, and board any “Airport Shuttle” bus. At the stops for Terminal B/C or Parking Garages B and C you can access an enclosed bridge which connects directly to the Metrorail station.
Getting to the Terminals from the Metrorail station:
- Terminal C: Go to the north end of the train platform and exit the station. A pedestrian bridge connects directly to the Terminal’s Concourse level.
- Terminal B: Go to the south end of the train platform and exit the station. A pedestrian bridge connects directly to the Terminal’s Concourse level.
- Terminal A: Go to either end of the train platform and exit the station towards the parking garage. Take the elevator or stairway to the street level below and board any "Airport Shuttle" bus.
- Elevator access: The elevator is located at the center of the train platform. There is a sloped sidewalk at ground level which connects to both pedestrian bridges (follow signs).
Metrorail Fares and Farecards
- Metrorail farecards may be purchased at machines located at all entrances to the Airport Metrorail station. The station is also fully accessible via elevators.
- The maximum fare to any station on the Metrorail system is less than $6 when using a SmarTrip card which is available for purchase inside the Metro station.
Hours of Operation
Refer to Metro's website for the Reagan National station.
Weekend Early Morning Service
On Saturday and Sunday mornings, prior to the opening of the Metrorail, Metrobus Routes 13F&G operate on the upper roadway next to Terminal B from 5:50am-8:00am. Service is provided to Crystal City, Pentagon, Arlington Cemetery and downtown Washington, D.C.
For more Metrorail information, call (202) 637-7000; TTY (202) 638-3780. Or, visit the Transit Authority’s website.
Click directly on map for printable PDF version (2.16MB).